Wednesday 17 July 2013

Laura Mercier Soufflé Body Crème Sampler Review

I purchased this Laura Mercier Soufflé Body Crème Sampler set online in the Harrods sale a few weeks ago. This luxurious quartet consists of four 100g jars of Laura Mercier's cult Soufflé Body Crèmes in Crème Brûlée, Crème de Pistache, Almond Cocount Milk and Fresh Fig. I had heard so much about these body creams on various beauty blogs and vlogs and really wanted to find out what all the hype was about. As I was ordering online and not able to smell the creams in real life, I thought that ordering the sampler set would be the perfect idea. As it would allow me to try them all out before choosing (if I liked any of them) my favourite scent to purchase in full size. Of course, the 50% discount also helped nudge me over the edge too.

The set comes in a elegant ivory, square box with silver edging and the usual modern Laura Mercier type face. Inside are the four body creams, they each come in a clear plastic jar, allowing you to see the different colours of the cream and the plastic makes it easier for travel than a glass jar. They have a contemporary silver, plastic, screw-top lid and the whole visual is very attractive. The size and weight of each jar, makes them the perfect holiday purchase and I think due to the luxurious nature of the product they would be a great honeymoon buy or gift!

 
 Now on to the product itself. With regards to the different scents, for my personal taste I would rank them in the following order; Fresh Fig, Crème Brûlée, Crème de Pistache and finally Almond Coconut Milk. I think scent preference is really personal and know that a lot of people love the nuttier scents, but they just aren't for me. They also have good longevity and the smell lingers on your skin for some time after application. The texture of the creme fits its name well and is definitely a light, whipped, souffle texture. They are light enough to absorb quickly in to the skin, but they do leave a slight residue on the surface, which I quite like as you know it is really pumping some moisture into the skin.  The moisture whack comes from the addition of shea butter and macademia oil to condition the skin, while vitamins A, E & F help your skin look glowing and healthy.
 
These creams are definitely a luxury purchase, but if you can find them in the sale, like I did,  I believe they are good value for money. as the quality of the product is fantastic. I think these also make a really lovely (and generous) gift for someone special.

Please comment below if you have you tried any of the Laura Mercier body creams before. Which scent is your favourite?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, it means the world to me and I will try to reply to you all!

If you have enjoyed this posts please subscribe to me via bloglovin!

I hope you feel beautiful today :)